MP for Effutu Constituency in the Central Region Hon. Alexander Afenyo-Markin sends a congratulatory message to the new appointed VC on his facebook account. Read below
Dear Rev.Prof.Afful-Broni PhD, etc, etc,etc.,
A white feathered bird has just whispered into my ears that you have on this day been appointed as the substantive Vice Chancellor of the University of Education,Winneba.As I have no course to doubt my source, though I anxiously await a formal communication from the Governing Council on its decision,let me take the opportunity in congratulating you on your appointment.Having earned this feat on merit , I trust that you will discharge the duties annexed to this important office with fervency and zeal .
You have been appointed at a critical time that in my view, the urgency of this calling demand the following;1.A unifier leadership.
2. A reconcilliatory leadership.
3. An open-hearted and father-for-all leadership.
4. Student satisfaction leadership.
5. An opportunity for all leadership.
6. A transparent grading system leadership.
7. An all-inclusive image building leadership.
8. A value for money in procurement leadership.
9. A prioritization of expenditure leadership.
10. An infrastructural expansion leadership.
11. A peaceful co-existence leadership.
12. A Ghana first leadership and not a tribal first leadership.
13. A UEW as a centre of excellence leadership.
14. A listening leadership.
15. A corporate social responsibility leadership.
16. A local content leadership.
17. A respect for the concerns of students leadership.
18. A regular and constant interaction with student leaders leadership.
19. A bold and courageous leadership without fear or favour.
20. A legitimate expectation leadership.
21. A leadership of receiving feedback on Lecturers performance without victimization.
22. A respect for external stakeholders leadership.
23. A leadership that reward hardwork and Industry.
24. A leadership of discipline and strict adherence for rules of engagement.
25. A leadership of adequate facilities for both lecturers and students.
26.A leadership of equal opportunity for career development.
The above and many more are my expectations. I have an unyielding hope that Effutu will enjoy an unprecedented economic growth under your tenure . Please don’t let down the people of Ghana , your Students and the Governing Council for the trust reposed in you .
Before I conclude, let me point out to you, that your adversaries will never rest , they will try all means to undermine and provoke you , they will use the media to tarnish your image but as a Catholic Priest, I have no doubt that your many years of training in the Catholic church will fortify you. May the Almighty God endure you with fortitude to overcome those who oppose your leadership and although you walk through the valley of the shadow of death you will fear no evil . Congratulations Reverend Father, for making history as the first Roman Catholic Priest to head a Public University in Ghana.
Spiritus Invictus!! Aluta Continua Victoria Ascerta!!!
From kampustoday.com we say AYEKOO TO Rev.Prof.Afful-Bron on his appointment.
HAVE SOME NEWS FOR KAMPUSTODAY? Call/Whatsapp us on 0242606426/